Click to learn more about the other Massachusetts Sea Grant program!
December 27, 2012
NOAA's National Marine Fisheries Services - Sea Grant Joint Graduate Fellowship Program for 2013 Federal Funding Opportunities are now open.
The NMFS (National Marine Fisheries Services) - Sea Grant Joint Graduate Fellowship is available to US citizens who are graduate students enrolled in PhD degree programs in academic institutions in the United States and its territories. In FY 2013, Sea Grant and NMFS will jointly support Fisheries Fellows in two research areas: Population Dynamics and Marine Resource Economics. Fisheries Fellows will work on thesis problems of public interest and relevance to NMFS, with a summer internship at participating NMFS Science Centers or Laboratories. Fellows operate under the guidance of a NMFS mentor.
• Massachusetts-based applicants should contact MIT or WHOI Sea Grant program for application assistance, and submit materials through them
• Application materials are DUE to the local state Sea Grant program on or before Friday, January 25, 2013
• Note that here are two separate funding numbers for the two portions of this competition.
• The RFPs are available at: http://www.grants.gov
- Population Dynamics Federal Funding Opportunity #: NOAA-OAR-SG-2013-2003529
- Marine Resource Economics Federal Funding Opportunity #: NOAA-OAR-SG-2013-2003524
• More information is available at the NMFS Fellowship program web site: http://www.seagrant.noaa.gov/funding/fisheriesgradfellowship.html